Hello everyone! Here is the recipe that I have come up with for pancakes for weekend morning breakfasts. I did of course utilize a rather old, Good Housekeeping Cookbook as my base recipe. These pancakes have been a big hit at our house and the added whole wheat flour adds to the nutrition level. In fact this morning my one and a half year old daughter ate 4 of them and cried when I told her that she had had enough.
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 cup All-purpose Flour
1 and 1/3 cup of skim milk
2 TBSP baking powder
3 TBSP Sugar
1 TSP vanilla
2 TSP cinnamon
1/2 TSP nutmeg
1) Heat griddle to aprox. 275 degrees.
2) Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with a whisk.
3) Spray non- stick cooking spray onto griddle, can also use butter or vegetable oil.
4) Pour 1/4 cup of batter, per pancake, onto already hot griddle.
5) When bubbles form and begin to pop flip pancakes over.
6) Cook until golden brown on both sides.
Note: You can also add in 1 cup or berries or apples to the batter for pancakes with an extra kick.
Hope you enjoy!!