Fiery Pork Skewers
Here is a perfect spring or summer time recipe for outdoor grilling! I found a similar recipe to this on Allrecipes.com, but I made a few tweaks to make it my own. As a note you may have some extra sauce left over, or if you are like me… you can double the sauce to make it extra flavorful. You can even add some on top of the rice! This serves 4-6 people.
– 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
– 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
– 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 2 teaspoon brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– ¾ lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes (any pork can work)
– 1 red pepper
– 1 green pepper
– ½ onion
– 1 cup of brown rice
– Marinade pork in half the mixture for at least 30 minutes
– Follow directions to cook rice
– Preheat grill on high heat and oil lightly
– Place pork, onions and peppers on wooden or metal skewers; brush with the sauce; cook 10-12 minutes on grill while brushing every once in a while
– Serve over rice
Let me know what you think! Hope you enjoy.
Note: You can also double the recipe and before grilling, place half of the skewers in the freezer. Then when you are ready to serve again, just take them out of the freezer in the morning, make a little extra sauce and place on the grill!