Getting Ready for Valentine’s Day!
St. Valentine’s Feast Day is coming up! In the past I never loved the holiday, but I seem to have found some new appreciation for it. It celebrates a saint, love for friends and family and kids get to give out adorable valentines to all their friends at school. Here are a couple of ideas to celebrate:
Prayer in Honor of St. Valentine:
Grant, we beseech Thee, almighty God: that we, who celebrate the
heavenly birthday of blessed Valentine, Thy Martyr, may, through his
intercession, be strengthened in the love of Thy name. Through our Lord.
-1962 Roman Catholic Daily Missal
Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipe:
This is my grandma’s butter cookie recipe. It’s simple, not too sweet, just perfect for this kind of cookie!
- 1 1/2 level cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Place all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until a putt-like consistency is obtained.
2. Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
3. Roll dough out and cut with cookie cutters
4. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees, until edges are brown
5. Cool, then frost if desired. I used this recipe for icing!